Ellingham First School >
Official website link.  



Ellingham First School

Ellingham C of E First School lies between the A1 and the east coast railway line just outside the village of Ellingham.

The school was established in 1857 "for the education of poor persons of the parish of Ellingham according to the principles of the Church of England."  This provides the school with a sense of history and tradition and close links with St Maurice's Church, Ellingham.  The school building has been extended and modernised to provide light spacious accommodation. There are three classroom areas, a library, a hall and a kitchen in which meals are freshly prepared and cooked.  The grounds include a large school field, with pond, a recently developed imaginative play space and two hard play areas.

Ellingham is a small school with a warm welcoming atmosphere.  The staff are experienced, well qualified and thoroughly committed to the education of the children in their care.  Parents are encouraged to take an active part in the school in a variety of ways.

 
 
   
      © Copyright Ellingham Estates 2006 - Site created by George F White LLP